10 Reasons Pilates is the Perfect Cold Weather WorkoutPosted by Ian Kullhem on Oct 22, 2013
The warm weather and the beauty of our area makes it enticing to get outside and exercise, whether it’s walking Castle Pines Golf Course, running a 5K in Parker or a horseback ride over the hilly terrain of Roxborough. But now that the occasional snowflake is starting to fly, the chill can be daunting. And it gets dark earlier every day. Brrrr!
Pilates is the ideal solution. In the comfort of Pilates in the Pines’ studio, you get a whole body workout that improves strength, flexibility, endurance and reduces stress. It’s warm and dry in our studios! Did we mention that?
The Top 10 reasons why Pilates is the ideal cold weather workout:
1. You won’t slip on ice during your workout.
2. You won’t trip on uneven sidewalks.
3. You won’t jar your joints hitting hard surfaces. Ease on the joints is one of the best benefits of Pilates.
4. The warmth of our studio keeps muscles and joints warm and more relaxed and therefore receptive to the beneficial movements.
5. You won’t be shivering or constantly wiping your nose…which is so unattractive.
6. You won’t be breathing in cold air during exercise which can increase nasal congestion (see #5).
7. You have our staff to guide you, increasing the effectiveness and enjoyment of your Pilates workout.
8. Meet other people who have similar interests and goals as you.
9. We have a bathroom! That isn’t always the case when you’re running through the park or hiking in the hills, now is there?
10. Pilates gets your heart-rate up and metabolism going so that when you do have to go back out into the cold when you leave our studio, you’ll be all warm inside, feeling great.
At Pilates in the Pines, we recommend doing Pilates two to three times a week in order to get the maximum benefits. We offer a full menu of authentic Pilates training and can work with any skill level from beginner to advanced. Our highly trained staff works closely with you to ensure that you reach your fitness objectives.
Come in from the cold at Pilates in the Pines. We’re here for you when the temperatures drop, and, of course, all year long. We think you’ll find that we can be your fitness solution – in any kind of weather.
Pilates in the Pines is located in The Village at Castle Pines, east of the intersection of US 85 (Santa Fe Drive) and Happy Canyon Road just north of Castle Rock in Douglas County. Complete information about the studio, its location, and its classes is available on our website, www.pilatesinthepines.com.